Amazon Work from Home Jobs Ohio
Job Responsibilities : DC Design Manager for Region, Data Center Engineering
Salary : 71000 per Year
Company : Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Location : Remote US
Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in data center or mission critical facility design with basic multidisciplinary knowledge of mission critical systems design process pre-construction requirements and the construction process
Minimum of two (2) years of Project Management or Project Lead experience including RFQ/RFP process selecting engineering teams developing budgets coordinating multiple consultant teams and facilitating meetings.
As a Data Center Design Manager you will be part of a global engineering leadership team comprised of highly effective Architects Structural Civil Mechanical Electrical and Control Engineers. AWS self-performs engineering on the majority of our capacity delivery projects. This unique vantage point allows the Design Managers to maintain a close connection with project details and drive project outcomes. You will have impact on the design direction and ability to improve design delivery for an entire region while establishing design procedures and protocols for the development of future systems. This role is an opportunity to collaborate with many facets of the AWS organization external engineering resources and regulatory agencies.
Amazon’s Data Centers are industry leading examples of innovation in the areas of space utilization energy efficiency and cost effectiveness. We are known for our speed to market and reliability. This role sits within the global team responsible for the design and operation of critical Data Center facilities located throughout the world. Our Design Team is on the forefront of creating and delivering the most innovative products to our customers; and are known for being a diverse and upbeat team that is changing the face of Cloud Computing. We continue to grow and are looking for team members that can support our speed to market raise the bar and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate. At Amazon we highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading a team of engineers in the design of data center critical infrastructure systems
- Facilitating weekly meetings with internal engineer resources internal customers and external consultants to address design issues meet design milestones and escalate as needed.
- Driving process improvements
- Creating and tracking metrics related to cost quality and duration of design as well as collecting data from construction and commissioning teams as designs are implemented.
- Establishing capital project design budgets and contributing to complex business cases for existing region and new region deployment.
- Collaborating with AWS finance teams to secure funding for projects.
- Working in partnership with AWS Engineering leads to schedule engineering resources and influence design changes based on internal customer needs.
- Partnering with internal customers to establish project scope schedule and deliverables.
- Managing document controller’s workflow and audit of deliverables
This position can be remote and located anywhere in US.
Professional Engineering or Architectural License.
10+ years of experience directly related to data center design construction operations and/or facility maintenance.
Direct experience with design or construction administration of a variety of electrical distribution systems ranging from low voltage to high voltage.
Direct experience with delivering modular data centers design projects including procurement and commissioning of facilities.
Functional knowledge of industry standards environmental codes building codes and safety standards including International Building Code
Ability to communicate complex technical issues to senior leadership or non-engineers develop basic business case financial projections and create performance metrics
Direct experience in negotiating with regulatory agencies regarding departures from building code and construction change orders
Working Knowledge of Sharepoint BIM/Revit Salesforce and Procore software
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.